Yoga Asanas That Will Wake You Up
For all those who find waking up in mornings a big challenge we found the perfect solution to help you get started. A few, easy to do yoga poses that will not only wake you up but re-energize you, lift your mood and get you charged for the day!
The sequence follows your natural posture as you wake up making it easier for you to adopt it. You start with lying down, then sitting up followed by gentle twists and at last a standing stretch. While you snooze your alarm you can quickly get on with these poses and be ready when the alarm sets off again.
Deep breathing exercises to start the morning:
Pose Shav Asan: Keeping your eyes open. Inhale and tense the muscles in your feet, then exhale as you release them. Work your way up the body: each leg, your butt, abs, shoulders, and face, tensing and releasing with your breath.
How to perform the Child Pose (Balasana):
- Sit in a “Vajraj-asana” i.e. start this asana with sitting on your knees, feet together and hips resting on your heels. Your knees should be separated about the width of your hips. Place your hands on your thighs, palms down.
- Breathe in deeply and then breathe out while bringing your chest between knees and stretching your arms forward.
- While resting your head on floor bring your arms around to your sides until the hands on resting on either side of your feet, palms up.
- Gently breathing through your nostrils while holding the posture. Hold for about one to two minutes. Then return to asana upright kneeling position.
- Perform the posture twice atleast.
Sitting down and twisting :Bharadvajasana
How to perform the Bharadvaja’s Twist (Bharadvajasana):
- Sit on the floor with your legs straight out in front. Shift over onto your right buttock, bend your knees, and swing your legs to the left. Lay your feet on the floor outside your left hip, with the left ankle resting in your right arch.
- Breathe in and lift through the top of the sternum to lengthen the front torso. Now breathe out and twist your torso to the right, keeping the left buttock on or very close to the floor. Lengthen your tailbone toward the floor to keep the lower back long and soften the belly.
- Tuck your left hand under your right knee and bring your right hand to the floor just beside your right buttock. Pull your left shoulder back slightly, pressing your shoulder blades firmly against your back even as you continue to twist the chest to the right.
- Hold the asana for 30 seconds to 1 minute, then release while breathing out. Return to the starting position and repeat the same on the other side.
Hold the asana for 30 seconds to 1 minute, then release while breathing out. Repeat the asana twice on both sides.
Inverted Dog Pose
How to perform the Downward-Facing Dog Pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
- Start the asana with sitting on the floor on your hands and knees. Stretch your elbows and relax the upper back between the shoulder blades, while doing so you will feel that the arms fall into the shoulder blades.
- Breathe out and lift the knees and draw your back backwards from the pelvis, so that your arms and back form one line.
- Stretch your legs in such a way that you feel like someone pulling your legs and hips backwards and let your head hang down in a relaxed sort of way.
- Now stretch out your arms. This will result in a stretching from two sides i.e. a stretching from the pelvis and a stretching from the arms. When the back and the chest are placed correctly, you will notice that you can quietly breathe in and out through the belly. You should not let your chest hang downwards or make your back extremely sunken. While performing Adho Mukha Svanasana the back should be lengthened along its entire length.
The most important instruction is to concentrate on breathing while holding each of these poses.Author Information
Improve Immunity with Exercise
Five best exercises for weight loss
Liposuction – Post Surgery Fat Gain
Manage Menopause Weight Gain
Exercises to Lose Fat on Arms
Yoga Poses for Better Health
Improve Concentration with Yoga
Healthy Sleep and Weight Loss
Increase Body Metabolism to Lose Weight
Yoga Poses to Improve Immunity