Why New Year Resolutions of Weight Loss, Fail?
Believe it or not, the year is almost over. Think back to the beginning of the year, when you made your resolutions. Was one of your resolutions around your fitness? Lose weight, add muscle, reduce the belly, get toned, the list goes on… Have you reached your goal?
Most of you will respond no. Wonder why? No, its not because you were too busy to do it, or stuff happened.
Most of us decide on losing weight, so we’ll discuss that here. At the year end, we promise ourselves, that we will lose 10 kg this year, or get a six pack, or look like a model. Great goal to start with. Losing 10 kg or getting a six pack is not that easy, but its a good target to start with.
Then, to achieve it, you probably decided to watch your diet and maybe join the gym. If you decided to watch your diet, you probably decided to completely eliminate all fried foods and indulgences like ice cream, cakes, etc. Worked for a couple of weeks, and then you dropped off the wagon.
Most of these weight loss diets fall into 3 categories:
- Eat less food: Just eating less doesn’t work well since your body is wired to need a certain amount of daily calories. When you reduce your food (and thus your calorie) intake, your body (and brain) react by making you feel tired, hungry & snappy. Also, eating less slows your metabolism, and so your burn fewer calories. Skipping meals can increase your body’s fat storage. So, for every calorie you eat, you store more fat!
- Eat less carbohydrates or fat: Completely eliminating a food group like carbs does not work for 2 reasons. First is that your body needs carbohydrates to power functions like your brain. The only food your brain accepts is carbs. Secondly, removing or drastically reducing carbohydrates from your diet, can lead to ketosis, bad breath & other side effects of Atkins Diet.
Removing fat is not recommended for 3 reasons:
1. Fat takes longer to digest so it actually improves absorption of nutrients in the digestive tract.
2. It improves satiety from food. So, it keeps you from getting hungry for longer.
3. Removing fat from food like dairy makes it more processed. And we believe that eating food the most natural way is best for you.
When you deprive yourself of an indulgence like say chocolate, your brains makes your body crave that food even more. And when you do break down and eat it, you binge on it. Not exactly a weight loss friendly activity.
- Try a fad diet, that are completely unhealthy & have side effects.
If you joined the gym, you probably stopped going after a 4-6 weeks, ranging from a multitude of reasons, ranging from sore muscles, to insane workouts, or the biggest excuse- lack of time. We’ve already told you why walking is completely ineffective for weight loss.
The last thing that people try are weight loss tricks- like drinking hot water & lemon, or avoiding fruits like banana and mango. These are tricks, so they never work to give you weight loss results. Drinking green tea will aid weight loss, but you will never lose the belly, from just drinking cups of green tea.
Why is it that year after year, more people try to lose weight, but overall our waists are only getting larger. Is there hope for losing weight?
Yes, there is plenty of hope. You just need the right guidance to lose weight effectively. Most self made weight loss plans fail miserably.
First, just a diet plan or an exercise regime is not enough to lose weight effectively. For that, you need a balance of both. When an effective exercise plan is combined with a healthy nutrition plan, that’s when you get results.
Till date, we have had 100% success with all our clients who have gone for our combination plans (diet and exercise) & stuck with them, even for a month!
Below are some of the reason why our diet plans work:
- Our diet plan provides balanced meals that keep you healthy and fit.
- Our diet plan provides practical food options, that work with your lifestyle.
- Our diet plan give you weight loss results. See our weight loss success stories.
- Our diet plan don’t make you starve to lose weight.
- Our diet plan provides delicious food options, so you enjoy losing weight
- Our diet plan cater all types- vegetarian, non vegetarian, etc.
- Our diet plan help you live a healthier lifestyle & lose weight
- Our diet plan make weight loss easy.
Here are reasons why our exercise plans work (for both men & women)
- Our weight loss exercise programs help increase metabolic rate, your body’s fat burning power.
- Our exercise programs provide fitness goal setting and tracking.
- Our exercise programs can be done anywhere- home, gym, park, even office.
- Our exercise plans help you tone your muscles: See how SG got toned and hot.
- Our weight loss workouts help you protect yourself from injury
- With our exercise programs, you don’t need a personal trainer- home or gym
- With our exercise programs, you don’t need to buy fancy equipment.
- Our exercise plans are time saving and effective.
- Our exercise plans can make you look younger. Suresh looks 10 years younger.
As a combination, they can incinerate your fat.
So, don’t get into a fad diet, or a weight loss book.
Get an effective weight loss plan & see that waist whittle away. Get healthier, fitter and sexier!