The most easily available option for a person trying to gain weight are supplements. Some of us are skeptical about adding them to the diet as the health consequences of these products have never been explained by anyone. Most of these weight gain supplements are heavily promoted but no one can for sure say what are the actual ingredientsand what will be the health repercussions in the long run.
Why would you want to experiment with your health? Instead try a healthy weight gain diet to gain healthy weight. You can write to us at email@example.com to know more about a healthy weight gain diet or check out our free weight loss plan at Fitho’s weight gain diet.
Here are few tips to help you get started on a healthy weight gain program.
Tips for Gaining Weight
• The weight gain diet should be nutritionally balanced. Focus on quality of food being consumed.
• Small frequent meals should be taken i.e., 5-6 times in a day (3 larger meals and 3 smaller meals alternately. A gap of at least 3 hours should be there so that the body can digest each meal fully.
• Never skip the breakfast from the meal as this is the most important meal of the day.
• Eat protein because gaining weight demands for amino acids which are derived from the protein. Good sources of protein are- whey, fish, dairy products, meat, nuts and seeds (almonds, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, seasam seeds, sunflower seeds), pulses, etc.
• Avoid caffeine and nicotine to help the body retain maximum nutritional value from what one eats.
• Complex carbohydrates should be included in the diet e.g., oatmeal, potatoes, whole grain breads and cereals, etc.
• Healthy fats i.e. monosaturated and polysaturated fats, omega-3 fatty acids should be included in the diet like olive oil, sunflower oil, linseed oil, canola oil, etc.
• Exercise is an important element of the weight gain program. Make sure your workout routine contains over all conditioning and development of the body. For best results ask an expert to create personalized exercise routine for you.
• Calories from quality protein, carbohydrates and fats instead of junk and unhealthy foods are the best sources to help gain weight.
The most basic information about gaining weight is that you don’t need to eat a lot of food. What you actually need to eat are foods that have high energy density like cheese, red meat, coconut, potatoes, yam, colocasia (arbi) etc to name a few.
Stay tuned to read more on why some people find it difficult to eat gain weight than the others.- Articles, data, text, image or video content posted on this site is checked by the Fitho team of nutritionists & fitness experts, or by research/studies, and opinions are based on our wide experience in helping thousands of people get fit, lose weight & manage their health.