Pizza’s & Burgers and junk food joints have become a hot spot for children now a days to fill their tiny stomach’s. Well, pizza’s & the burgers taste nice and exciting but are unable to provide the nutrition that is required for healthy living. Obesity in children has tripled in the past two decades and an alarming concern for us to take note of the fact. The rate of development of mind and body in children decreases with junk food due to the empty calories it provides. A regular pizza provides about 600-800 calories whereas a burger provides you with around 300 calories.
A research report written about a study on Prevalence of overweight and obesity among children and adolescents. According to that report 16 % children 6-19 year old are overweight or obese
“this is three times what it was before. In addition, this report brings out the fact that also during this same time period an additional 15% were “at risk of becoming overweight”.
Researchers also warn that children who are fed with junk food have lower IQ than their counterparts who ate nutritious food. Junk food may fill the stomach but cant provide the quality of energy which nutritious foods provide. Junk foods are high in saturated fat and oil which leads to high cholesterol levels make you feel lazy and drowsy, resulting in lower concentration levels in children. Junk food decrease the efficiency which is important for children. Heart related diseases are growing with obesity and weight gain is normal for people on a junk food diet.
Once the habit is developed for junk food, it gets very difficult to get rid of the addiction. To ensure that kids do not make this unhealthy lifestyle a permanent part of their life one should start inculcating good nutritional habits from the beginning. Ensuring enough physical activities is an equally important aspect of every child’s growth. In case you need professional assistance to get you started on a healthier lifestyle for your family call us for a free consultancy and speak to our expert now.
Aiming to get fit or a new year resolution of weight loss. To lose weight, you must consume less than what your body burns. If you eat more than what your body needs, the excess is stored as fat. Counting calories is not easy, so to make it easier for you, we have a list of 100 calorie snacks!
But 100 calories itself is a dicey number. One can get 100 calories by having either one small scoop of ice-cream or half a cup of plain yogurt. So, here is a small list of healthy snacks between 100-200 calories that will be useful for dieters: Read more
Our previous post was on Eating Habits that Make you Fat- how many are you guilty of? Whatever that number might be, Fitho is here to help you fix those, and convert them into eating habits that make you reduce your weight and lose the fat!
1. When you pass by a bakery, don’t walk in to get something to eat. If you’re truly hungry, eat a fruit. If you don’t have other options, get a wheat bread sandwich or a salad.
2. During office hours, keep eating every few hours. Stress can reduce your hunger pangs, so people don’t eat assuming they’re not hungry. On the contrary, you should keep feeding your body every few hours. It has a double benefit. It keeps your metabolism up, and it helps to distract you from your work, so it reduces stress levels.
3. When you’re stressed, go for a run or play a sport. Its a great stress buster. Don’t eat. Or take your kids to the park and play with them.
4. When you’re not hungry, say no to food. Compulsive eating is big reason for obesity. People don’t know when to stop or how to stop till all the food in sight is over.
5. Instead of dessert, end your meals with a fruit. Its sweet so it satisfies your sweet tooth, and its good for you- because sugary desserts make you fat
6. When you see junk food, think of how long it will take you to burn it off, and you will not eat it.
7. If you see a plate of cookies, have one and move the plate out of sight. Simple trick to control your brain- ‘out of sight, out of mind’.
8. When you’re feeling down, go shop, or go for a walk, or call a friend. Don’t over-eat- it only makes you fat.
9. If you over-eat, then serve yourself 60% of your regular serving. Finish it, wait for 10 minutes, and then see if you really are hungry, or just greedy for more food.
And finally, the carnal eating habit to get fit:
10. Eat a good breakfast. It gives you energy, increases your metabolism and reduces your junk food binging. do you need more reasons?
When you’re trying to get in shape, what do you think is the biggest environmental factor in derailing your resolution? The obvious answer would be the sight and smell of delicious (unhealthy) junk food!
Wrong: You’ll overcome the craving of delicious junk food, but what makes it really tough is working around the social pressure of your family and friends, that are ready to derail your fitness
Believe it or not, your family and your friends have to be equally empathetic towards your fitness goals.
How often has it been that your mother adds that extra bit of ghee (read as love) to your paranthas knowing that you’re trying to lose weight? Or your friends on an evening out, push you towards food & alcohol binging to kill boredom? We’re not saying that ghee is not good. In fact, uncooked ghee has unsaturated fat that helps in better absorption of vitamins or a glass a week of wine has antioxidants. The problem starts when the portions seize to remain under control. You mother can’t see you get in shape as she thinks you look underfed, while you’ve only shed a couple of pounds. And your friends simply don’t think when they are having a good time. There’s no logical reasoning when they want you to down the whole bottle!
Most people grappling with weighty issues are victims of considerable alcohol consumption and they don’t realize it. They might be eating right, exercising well but not paying enough attention to their alcohol intake. Also people on a mission to get fit mostly try to eat at home and still not get anywhere with those extra kilos!
A good way to overcome this huge factor is to make all the people you hang out with aware, that you’re trying to lose weight, and that their support counts. If they want the best for you, they will support you in your goals.
With social support from your family and friends, it will be easier to get fit. Watch your weighing machine become your favorite hang out zone with just a little moral support from your friends and family. It’s the teamwork that will help you stay ahead of your race against fat. So, get them to help you win that race! Need help to lose weight: call us or email us, at Fitho!