Granola bars are not exactly low calorie & healthy naturally- since they are loaded with sweeteners, they can have a high sugar content. Read if cornflakes are healthy? So, we’ve created a healthy low calorie granola bar recipe for you- with slow burning carbohydrates, fiber, antioxidants, protein, minerals, vitamins & low fat. Grab one of these low calorie healthy granola bars as a quick snack between meals. This can also be eaten as a post workout snack.
Low calorie healthy granola bar recipe below. This batch makes 12-16 bars:
Ingredients: Low calorie granola bar recipe
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup shredded wheat cereal
1 cup almonds
1.5 cups dried fruit (raisins, plums)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tbsp honey
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Cooking Process: Low calorie granola bar recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil coat an 8 x 8 inch baking pan and set aside. (take some butter on your fingers and run it along the pan to coat it with minimum butter)
2. Place the oats, shredded wheat, nuts, dried fruit, cinnamon, and salt in a food mixer until the mixture is finely chopped (size of a lentil).
3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, honey, and vanilla. Add the oatmeal mixture and stir, till its mixed evenly.
4. Transfer to the baking pan and flatten down gently with the back of a spoon or spatula to spread evenly.
5. Bake about 18 minutes until the edges turn golden brown and the bars are done. Let bars cool completely in pan before slicing and serving.
These low calorie granola bar recipes are a great snack when you’re at work, in college, out shopping, or even at home. Due to the minimal use of sugar, these granola bars can be diabetic friendly food also.
For more healthy recipes, sign up for the Fitho newsletter- we send you tips on fitness, weight loss & more.