How to Gain Healthy Weight
Question / Dilemma: Are weight gain capsules and drinks of any use? Do they really help gain weight?
Answer: To gain weight, what’s important is that you eat more calories than your body burns. And it’s not just any calories; you must ensure that you get high quality calories that come from least processed food. So, if you have access to cooked food, then it’s a much better option than supplements. If you were to consider any such capsules or drinks, ensure the quality of ingredients in them. Get such products from reputed stores, selling reputed products.
Answered by Prachi Agarwal, first appeared in HT City (Hindustan Times), Get Healthy Delhi! campaign, where she is a Fitness Expert on the panel of health experts.— this article is written by a dietitian @ FitHo
Weight Gain Diet
The most easily available option for a person trying to gain weight are supplements. Some of us are skeptical about adding them to the diet as the health consequences of these products have never been explained by anyone. Most of these weight gain supplements are heavily promoted but no one can for sure say what are the actual ingredientsand what will be the health repercussions in the long run.
Why would you want to experiment with your health? Instead try a healthy weight gain diet to gain healthy weight. You can write to us at email@example.com to know more about a healthy weight gain diet or check out our free weight loss plan at Fitho’s weight gain diet.
Here are few tips to help you get started on a healthy weight gain program.
Tips for Gaining Weight
• The weight gain diet should be nutritionally balanced. Focus on quality of food being consumed.
• Small frequent meals should be taken i.e., 5-6 times in a day (3 larger meals and 3 smaller meals alternately. A gap of at least 3 hours should be there so that the body can digest each meal fully.
• Never skip the breakfast from the meal as this is the most important meal of the day.
• Eat protein because gaining weight demands for amino acids which are derived from the protein. Good sources of protein are- whey, fish, dairy products, meat, nuts and seeds (almonds, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, seasam seeds, sunflower seeds), pulses, etc.
• Avoid caffeine and nicotine to help the body retain maximum nutritional value from what one eats. (more…)— this article is written by a dietitian @ FitHo