For those wishing to give their immune system a real boost, the best nuts to choose, in order of immunity-increasing properties, include walnuts, followed by almonds and pistachios.
- Walnuts also contain the largest amount of antioxidants and are identified as being helpful for reducing the likelihood of suffering from mental health conditions, such as anxiety and depression. Almonds can also offer a high source of vitamin E and contains biotin, which helps to keep hair and skin healthy.
- Seeds have similar health benefits as nuts. Often acting as an immunity booster to help strengthen the body’s ability to resist infections.
- Pumpkin seeds improve iron levels in anaemia, reduce prostate problems or kidney stones, as per studies.
- Rapeseed oil lowers cholesterol levels.
- Grapefruit seed reduces thrush, cystitis and herpes infections.
- Flax seeds improves skin condition, treats menopausal symptoms and lowers cholesterol levels.