- Switch to lean turkey sausage instead of regular sausage.
- Choose a mini bagel instead of a regular-sized bagel.
- Request fat-free milk in your latte instead of whole milk.
- Make your veggie omelette with four egg whites instead of two whole eggs.
- Replace your usual yogurt with a light variety.
- Use fresh fruit instead of syrup on your waffles.
- Drink a glass of water instead of juice.
- Order thin crust pizza instead of pan pizza.
- Top baked potatoes with only one high-calorie topping with reduced-fat sour cream instead of butter or cheese.
- Request your fish be prepared plain and served without and add a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice.
- Replace a bagel sandwich with whole-wheat bread.
- At a Mexican restaurant, request steamed corn tortillas to dip in salsa instead of traditional tortilla chips.
- Drink diet soda with your meal instead of regular soda.
- Use mustard on your sandwich instead of mayo.
- Don’t eat the shell from your taco salad.
- Remove the skin from your roasted chicken.
- Substitute salad for fries as a side at the diner.
- Choose sherbet over ice cream.
- Say no to butter at the movie theater.
- Pick fresh fruit instead dried fruit.
- Swap your afternoon brownie for a granola bar.
- Choose a snack size candy bar instead of a full-size one.
- Replace pepperoni with Canadian bacon as a pizza topping.
- Top your dinner roll with two tablespoons of light whipped butter instead of two tablespoons of regular butter.
- At a casual dining restaurant, order your meal from the appetizer menu instead of an entrée.
- At an Italian restaurant, have minestrone for a starter instead of the garlic bread.
- Order a light beer or wine spritzer at the bar instead of a frozen adult beverage.
- At a Mexican restaurant, choose a chicken burrito instead of a fried chicken chimichanga.
- Leave out the butter asked for on the macaroni and cheese box.
- At a Chinese restaurant, substitute steamed rice for fried rice.
- Choose red sauce for your pasta instead of cream-based sauce.
- Bake frozen French fries instead of frying them.
Source: readers digest.