Regular exercise helps to protect you from many diseases. An exercise schedule of 15 to 20 minutes is good for health benefits. It includes activities such as aerobics, stretching, cycling, muscle strengthening, physical activity or yoga.
Everyone benefits from regular exercise, at least five times a week. It helps to:
- Control weight
- Build strength and stamina
- Improve flexibility of joints and prevent injuries
- Relieve stress
- Improve appearance and self esteem
- Strengthen bones and joints
- Reduce menstrual cramps
- Maintain strength and independence in old age.
How to do exercise with busy schedule
On the way
- Take the stairs instead of lift.
- Get off the bus one stop earlier and walk the rest of the way.
In the office
- Stand up and stretch while talking on the phone.
- Get colleagues to join in for a lunch time workout session.
- Do some stretches or sit-ups during commercial breaks on TV.
- Join kids at the playground after work.
- Go for walks after dinner instead of always sitting around watching TV.