Tremendous sacrifice is needed in order to wean oneself from smoking. The desire to stop the bad habit must come from the smoker itself and not just from the people that pushes him to do so. Once you felt the urge to stop smoking, you must act on it at once.
- You should fast for three days to quit smoking. Fast on brown rice and water or carrot juice three days in a row. If you can’t fast for three straight days fast one day a week for three weeks or as close together as possible.
- Begin an exercise program. Exercise is simply incompatible with smoking. Exercise relieves stress and helps your body recover from years of damage from cigarettes. If necessary, start slow, with a short walk once or twice per day. Build up to 30 to 40 minutes of rigorous activity, 3 or 4 times per week. Consult your physician before beginning any exercise program.
- A new and revolutionary way to quit smoking is to chew cinnamon gum. There is something about cinnamon that fights cravings for nicotine.
- Discover new interest that will occupy your time and your mind away from smoking. You can join sports and recreation camps to divert your energy and your attention from your addiction.
- Believe in yourself. Believe that you can quit. Think about some of the most difficult things you have done in your life and realize that you have the guts and determination to quit smoking. It’s up to you. Source: carryfitness.com