How to control food portions?
Food portions have increased tremendously over the years, whether it is larger meal sizes or just larger portions of everything, and it is showing on our bodies, and the health of the state with India being projected to be the capital in lifestyle disorders like heart disease, diabetes & obesity.
Lack of portion control is the biggest hurdle in achieving a sustained weight loss. To help you control portions, here are some tips that come in handy:
- Use smaller plates or bowls, glasses, mugs, cups etc.
- Only serve on your plate, what you need to eat.
- Avoid eating straight from the packet. Instead, use a plate or bowl.
- Use measuring spoons to measure how much you’re eating.
- Read the nutrition labels about how many servings come in a pack and what constitutes a single serving.
- Resist buying supersized meals or packs
- Go for the children’s section menu, small or medium serving avoid the large ones.
- Store foods in individual boxes than bulk containers
When eating out, visualize a deck of cards for your serving of meat, fish, or poultry (about three ounces); four stacked dice for cubes of cheese (about one ounce); tennis ball for a scoop of ice cream (about half a cup), and nuts which fill up no more than your palm (about one ounce).
Check the obesity guidelines in India- you might be surprised, that a large number of people fall into the obese category!Author Information
10 Eating habits to gain weight
Say Hello to Food Plate and Bye to the Pyramid
How Water Can Help you Lose Weight
Build Muscle With Your Mind
Healthy Pizza Options: Eat this, not that
Food With Fat For Health Benefits
Eat Dark Chocolate, keep your weight down!
Study says Lose Weight to Earn More
Being Thin Does Not Mean Being Healthy
Is Rice Healthy For You?
How to Control Over-Eating
Tips to Stay Fit in The Festive Season