Noose Pose (Pasasana)
Pasasana (noose pose) is an intermediate twisting pose. It is beneficial for improving digestion and posture. It can be used to relieve neck and back pain, as well as menstrual cramps.
Pasasana (Noose Pose) provides relief in asthma, menstrual discomforts and tension in shoulder, neck and back. Performing Pasasana (Noose Pose) stimulates the abdominal organs and also helps in improving digestion and elimination. Pasasana (Noose Pose) also brings about the stretching of the ankles thus providing them with strength and flexibility.
How to perform the Noose Pose (Pasasana):
- Start the asana with standing next to a wall with your feet hip’s distance apart.
- Bend your knees and squat until your buttocks rest on your heels.
- Turn your left knees slightly to the left and while breathing-out turn to the right. While doing so, your left arm elbow will be pressing against your right knee. You should feel a gentle opening from twisting your spine.
- Now wrap your right arm behind your back with your palm facing up. Beyond this if you feel comfortable, wrap your right arm around your knees. Try to grasp your left hand or wrist.
- Hold the pose while taking several breaths and slowly move back to center while breathing-out.
- Repeat the same on the other side.
Duration and repetition of the Noose Pose (Pasasana):
Hold Noose Pose (Pasasana) anywhere between 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Difficulty Level and Advancement of the Noose Pose (Pasasana):
Noose Pose (Pasasana) is a difficulty level 2 asana recommended for beginners.