- Carrot is a good source of minerals such as potassium and manganese.
- It contains some amount of sodium, iron, zinc, copper and calcium.
- It contains about 87% of water, rich in mineral salts and Vitamin (B, C, D, E).
- Raw carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A and potassium.
- Even though the color of original carrots is orange it grows in other colors including white, yellow, red or purple.
- Carrot juice reduces the risk of many different types of cancer including skin and breast cancer.
Carrots are nutritional heroes; they store a gold mine of nutrients. No other vegetable contains as many carotene as carrots, which our body coverts into vitamin A. For maintaining optimum health and weight loss carrots are ideal. ½ cup carrot peeled and boiled have carbs 4, fiber 2gms, energy 80kj. Cooked carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A, it contains Vitamin B6. Copper, Folic acid. The high level of beta-carotene is very important and gives carrots their distinctive orange color. In order to assimilate the greatest quantity of the nutrients present in carrots, it is important to chew them well.
Carrots benefit our bodies by:
Boosting immunity (especially among older people)
Helping to heal minor wounds and injuries.
Reducing the risk of high blood pressure
Improving eye health
Fighting bronchitis, infections.
Reducing acne, Help fight anemia.
Beta carotene consumption has been linked to reduced risk of several cancers, notably lung cancer. Carrot enhances the quality of breast milk it improves the appearance of the skin, hair and nails.
100grams of carrot supplies around 11,000 milligrams of vitamin A.
Iron 8mg, phosphorus 37mg, fat 0.3gms
Carbohydrates 9.3gms, proten 1.2 gms
Calories 42, vitamin D,E,G,K and calcium 39mg, vitamin C 5mg.
Health tips for carrots
As you can see carrots have benefits for people who wants to reduce weight. People who wants to gain weight should not have carrots. Its rich in all the vitamins. Carrot oil is good for dry skin. Thus, carrots, as raw, juice or in cooked form, are good for your health.