Semolina Dhokla Recipe
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Semolina: 1 cup
Low fat yogurt: 1 cup
Water: 1/2 cup
Salt: to taste
Ginger paste: 1 tsp
Green chilies: 1 ½ tsp
Baking powder: 1 tsp
Olive oil: 2 tsp
Coriander: 2 tbsp, chopped
Chili powder: 1/4 tsp
1. Put water in a steamer to heat up.
2. Slightly oil a small 8-10 inch thali with a rim and keep aside.
3. Mix yogurt, salt, ginger paste, 1 tsp green chillies, 1 tbsp together and form a batter.
4. Place the oiled thali in the steamer and just before you are ready to pour the batter, add the baking powder and mix the batter gently.
5. Pour the batter in the thali and sprinkle with chopped coriander and a bit of red chili powder on top.
6. Put the lid on the steamer and steam for 10- 15 minutes.
7. Open the lid of the steamer and if the dhoklas are ready they will spring back when gently pressed.
8. Remove thali from steamer and let it cool. Cut dhokla into diamond shapes and garnish with fresh chopped coriander, dessicated coconut and fresh chopped chillies.
Nutritive Value ( 1 Serving) :-
Calories – 116cal
Protein – nil
Fat -1.6 nil