Red bell peppers: 6 large
Onion: 1 large, chopped
Garlic: 1 clove, chopped
Olive oil: 3 tbsp
Tomato puree: 1 tbsp
Vegetable stock: 1 ½ liter
Red chillies: 4 long
Zest of 1 lime, grated
Juice of 1 lime
Salt: to taste
Pepper: to taste
1. Heat the bell peppers and chillies separately on a gas flame until the skin begins to blacken and blister. Cool and then peel off the skin, de-seed and chop.
2. Combine the bell peppers, onion, garlic and chillies with oil in a pan. Cover and allow to sweat over low heat until soft and just caramelized for about 15 minutes.
3. Then stir-in the tomato puree and add the stock.
4. Remove from heat and transfer to a blender or food processor and purée until smooth.
5. Transfer back to the pan, heat through and then stir-in the lime zest and lime juice.
6.Adjust the seasoning and serve in soup bowls.
Nutritive Value ( 1 Serving) :-
Calories – 95 kcal
Protein – 0.6 gm
Fat -9 gm