Samolina (Sooji): 2 cup
Low fat skim yogurt: 200 g
Onion: 1, medium size
Ginger: 1/2 inch, chopped
Carrot: 1 tbsp, grated
Green Chilli: 1, chopped
Red Chilli Powder: 1/2 tsp
Salt: to taste
Garam Masala: 1/2 tsp
Amchur (Mango Powder): 1/2 tsp or 1 tsp lime/lemon juice
Baking soda: 1.5 tsp
Mustered seeds: 1/2 tsp
1. Mix yogurt and semolina in a bowl. Add salt and some water and mix well to make a thick paste. Keep aside for 2 hours.
2. Mix onion, ginger, carrot, green chilli, all spices and baking soda to the paste.
3. Take a flat bottom wide skillet. Pour 2 cups of water. Invert a round cake making empty dish on the base of the skillet.
4. Take another round cake making dish, lightly grease it and fill it to a height of about a centimeter with the above mixture.
5. Place this dish on the inverted dish in the skillet. Cover the skillet with a plate. Put the skillet on medium heat. Let the water in the skillet boil for 8-10 minutes. Switch off the heat and let the skillet stand for another 10 minutes.
6. Remove the lid of the skillet, take out the dish, and invert it to remove the pattie. Cut into smaller pieces and serve hot.
Nutritive Value ( 1 Serving) :-
Calories – 61.25 cal
Protein – nil
See more information on calories and nutrition of Idli.
We are excited to announce that FitHo has been acquired by Practo.
The acquisition will help us bring us a more comprehensive offering under the Practo umbrella.
With immediate effect, we are no longer accepting Paid Subscriptions.