- Sit on an exercise matt with your back straight.
- Bring the soles of your feet together and pull them in as close to your body as you can.
- Allow your hands to rest on your feet or to apply light pressure to your thighs.
- Hold this position for thirty seconds. You will find this most effective if you gently push your knees down using your hands, be careful not to push too much.
- Perform for 1-2 set of 10 reps.
- Exercise Variation: This stretch can become more dynamic by performing slow, controlled movements to complete 1 set of 5 – 10 repetitions, holding the stretched position for 1 – 2 seconds.
Muscles Targeted: Inner thighs, Gluteals
- Make sure you feel a stretch in your inner thighs.
- Hold for 10 seconds – excluding holding your breath – do not hold your breath.