Hip Raise Bridge
How to perform Hip Raise Bridge
1. Lie face up on the floor with your knees bent and feet on the floor.
2. Raise your hips so your body forms a straight line from shoulder to your knees. Squeeze your glutes as you lift your hips.
3. Pause for up to 5 seconds in the up position, and then lower your body back to the starting position.
Video:Hip Raise Bridge
Muscles Targeted: Gluteus, abdominal and lower back muscles
Points to Note
Stronger gluteals help maintain pelvic control. The bridge engages more muscle at the same time & activates the same muscles in ways different than you are used to (different planes of motion)
- Do not arch your back and you are careful to stay on your shoulder blades – you should not feel any strain on your neck.
- Thighs must be parallel, about hip distance apart, with your knees in line with your ankles. This is extremely important because otherwise you could injure your knees.
- Hips, back and ankles would also not appreciate splayed legs.