1. Grab a dumbbell with an overhand grip and hold it in front of your waist at arm’s length.
2. Bend at your hips and knees.
3. Lower your torso until it forms a 45 degree angle to the floor.
4. Keeping your arms straight, thrust your hips forward ,straighten your knees and swing the dumbbell up to the chest level as you rise from the sitting position
5. Now squat back down as you swing the dumbbell between your legs again.
6. Swing the weight back and forth forcefully.
Muscles Targeted: The single arm dumbbell swing targets the glutes, quadriceps and calves.
- Make sure to keep your arms straight and neutral throughout the movement. This means that you do not use the strength of your arms to swing the dumbbell.
– Don’t bend over when you go back down
– Arm should be considered a “strap” or “pendulum”
– Arm should only be used to finish the movement