The Zone Diet is based on nutrient ratio which is created by Dr. Barry Sears. The formula of Zone Diet is 40% carbohydrates, 30% protein, and 30% fats i.e. 40:30:30 which must be followed at every meal.
Benefits of Zone Diet
– The Zone Diet is a ‘low carb’ diet as the average persons consumes about 50-60% carbohydrates in their diet.
– Muscle gain is possible only with the right weights and exercise training.
Drawbacks of Zone Diet
– The Zone diet is that it is too complex to follow.
– The Zone Diet encourages a combination of all the nutrients in each meal.
– The calorie recommendations in Zone Diet may be too low for an active person.
Review of the Zone Diet
The Zone Diet is complex and has a substantial list of “forbidden” foods – however there are a number of web sites with programs that have substantially simplified the Zone. At its basic principles it is a good program and would be a great improvement for anyone who currently has a typical western diet.
Note: Fitho does not endorse this diet.Author Information