The O2 Diet is created by dietitian and CBS’s The Early Show nutrition contributor Keri Glassman. This Cutting Edge Antioxidant-Based Program claims to make you healthy, thin, and beautiful. Her O2 Diet is based on the ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) scale, developed by the USDA to indicate how well a food protects against free radicals.
Glassman claims that by following her high-antioxidant diet, not only will you lose weight but you will also have more energy, greater mental clarity, better sleep, less stress, increased libido and enhanced beauty.
Recommended Foods on O2 diet
Berries, pomegranate, mango, papaya, beets, broccoli, kale, lettuce, spinach, red peppers, whole grain bread, steel-cut oats, quinoa, legumes, organic eggs, soy milk, organic Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, nuts, seeds, avocado, extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, chicken breast, turkey, fish, lean meat, tofu, red wine, green tea, dark chocolate.
The O2 Diet promotes exercise for its numerous health benefits including reducing the risk of heart disease, boosting bone health and fighting depression.
Benefits of O2 Diet
- O2 Diet encourages a high intake of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- O2 Diet may help to reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease.
- No counting of calories, carbs or fat in O2 Diet.
- O2 Diet is created by a qualified dietitian.
- The O2 Diet will appeal to dieters who like to understand the science of healthy eating.
Drawbacks of O2 Diet
- Must keep track of ORAC points each day.
- May be expensive to eat all the recommended foods.
- The O2 Diet is not specifically targeted towards weight loss.
Review of the O2 Diet
Although it does not appear to differ greatly from other plans that encourage a high intake of fruit and vegetables, its informative content makes for interesting reading and the delicious recipes contained in the O2 Diet may make this program attractive to dieters who are ready to embrace a healthy lifestyle..
Note: Fitho does not endorse this diet.- Articles, data, text, image or video content posted on this site is checked by the Fitho team of nutritionists & fitness experts, or by research/studies, and opinions are based on our wide experience in helping thousands of people get fit, lose weight & manage their health.