A fruitarian diet comprises of fruits, nuts and seeds, while excluding animal products, vegetables and grains from its purview. Herein, people are adapted to a lifestyle and nutrition system that consists of eating only raw and dried fruit, nuts and seeds. A fruitarian diet comes along with various nutritional and health benefits, such as enhancing your mental abilities and making you beautiful and pure inside and out. However, it has a few disadvantages as well.
Benefits of Fruitarian Diet
- As the fruitarian diet is based on raw food it helps to prevent or reverse many common diseases and illnesses, as cooking fresh and living foods destroy the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and other nutrients present in them.
- The dieters’ experience that this diet reduces the effects of aging, promotes physical, intellectual and emotional vitality, and leads to overall excellent health and stability.
- The fruitarian diet detoxifies toxins from the body and purifies brain, cardiovascular system, respiratory system, nervous system, endocrine system and digestive system.
- Fruitarian diet induces more creativity, energy, happiness, rejuvenation and mental clarity in a person.
- The fruitarian diet cures and improves bad health symptoms, like constipation, insomnia, depressive cycles, stress and hunger.
- The fruitarian diet improves muscular coordination, balance of the body, capacity to work and professional skills.
Drawbacks of Fruitarian Diet
- Since a fruitarian diet is extremely restrictive, it makes the nutritional adequacy impossible to a large extent.
- A fruitarian diet is known to cause deficiencies in calcium, protein, iron, zinc, vitamin D, most vitamins B (especially B12) and essential fatty acids.
- A diet comprising of only fruits can also lead to hunger, cravings, food obsessions, social disruptions and social isolation.
Review of Fruitarian Diet
Various nutritional problems can occur in children, such as severe protein energy malnutrition, anemia and a wide range of vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Lack of proteins can make it difficult to sustain the lifestyle, hence resulting in hypoproteinemia or kwashiorkor..
Note: Fitho does not endorse this diet.Author Information Hope you enjoyed reading, Fruitarian Diet. Show us your love with 'like', Tweet, or tell us in the comments. Lose up to 4 kg in 4 weeks, with the Fitho weight loss diet.