Tanya Zuckerbrot, a dietitian, with 10 years of practical experience helping people to lose weight has created The F-Factor diet. Tanya Zuckerbrot claims that the diet will not only promote weight loss but it will also improve the appearance of skin and hair, boost energy levels, as well as reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, colon and breast cancer.
The F-factor diet is based around increasing the intake of high fiber foods. Fiber helps to promote the feeling of fullness and to reduce appetite and also controls blood sugar balance which helps to maintain high energy levels.
Benefits of the F Factor Diet
– The F Factor Diet emphasizes adding healthy foods rather than eliminating foods.
– The F Factor Diet contains a good balance of protein, carbohydrates and fats and does not eliminate entire food groups.
– High nutrient content due to the emphasis on fruits, vegetables and unprocessed foods is there in The F Factor Diet.
– The F Factor Diet is good for those who feel hungry when dieting because the high fiber content reduces appetite while still allowing for a reduction in calories.
– The F Factor Diet is beneficial for those with a high risk of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Drawbacks of the F Factor Diet
– Serving sizes of outlined meal plans are very small in the F Factor Diet. Calorie content may need to be increased for those with higher calorie requirements.
– The first two weeks of the F Factor Diet requires a specific brand of crackers with no allowance made for suitable alternatives.
– F Factor Diet will need to be adjusted for those who are allergic or intolerant to wheat as fiber one and fiber crackers are listed as a requirement of this diet.
– Inadequate guidance for monitoring fat intake and the types of fats in the diet.
Review of F Factor Diet
Overall this is a sound eating plan based on solid nutritional principles however the calorie content will need to be increased if the diet is to be continued for more than a few weeks. This is a diet that can be continued as a healthy eating plan at a higher calorie level and is especially suitable for those with a high risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes..
Note: Fitho does not endorse this diet.- Articles, data, text, image or video content posted on this site is checked by the Fitho team of nutritionists & fitness experts, or by research/studies, and opinions are based on our wide experience in helping thousands of people get fit, lose weight & manage their health.