By using Buddhist concepts and cognitive behavioral techniques, dieters discover how to identify the reasons why they engage in mindless eating. This is generally related to either obsessing over or ignoring the messages coming from the body.
The goal of the plan is to learn to listen to your body and to make healthy food choices by being mindful.
Components of Mindful eating
Mindful eating involves many components such as:
– Learning to make choices in beginning or ending a meal based on awareness of hunger and satiety cues;
– Learning to identify personal triggers for mindless eating, such as emotions, social pressures, or certain foods;
– Valuing quality over quantity of what you’re eating;
– Appreciating the sensual, as well as the nourishing, capacity of food;
– Feeling deep gratitude that may come from appreciating and experiencing food
Drawback of Mindful Eating Plan
– Lacking in guidance about what to eat.
– Not really of relevance for dieters who do not regard themselves as emotional eaters.
Review of Eating Mindfully
The Eating Mindfully Diet is most appropriate for dieters with issues related to food or body image including all types of eating disorders. “Mindfulness helps us understand that our conventional view of ourselves and even what we mean by “self” is incomplete in some very important ways..
Note: Fitho does not endorse this diet.Author Information