Core Balance Diet
The Core Balance Diet: 4 Weeks to Boost Your Metabolism and Lose Weight for Good, was developed by Marcelle Pick, who is co-founder of Women to Women—one of the first clinics in the United States devoted to providing health care for women by women.
The first two weeks of the program involve a detox period where you learn how to change your diet and lifestyle in order to become more in touch with your body and identify your major obstacles to weight loss.
In the second two weeks you undertake a customized program, depending on which key area you identified. This will enable you to restore your Core Balance so that you will be able to rid yourself of ‘toxic weight’.
Recommended Foods on Core Balance Diet
Fresh fruit and vegetables, chicken breast, turkey, salmon, eggs, legumes, whole grains, raw nuts and seeds, olive oil.
Pros of Core Balance Diet
- Concentrates on supporting health first, with weight loss as a long-term outcome.
- Customized to suit the individual.
- Encourages the intake of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- May reduce the risk of developing diabetes, cancer and arthritis.
- Appeals to dieters who have tried conventional diets without success.
- Addresses the importance of emotional factors in weight problems.
- Includes meal plans and recipes.
Cons of Core Balance Diet
- Requires a fair amount of time to be spent on food preparation.
- May involve the need for nutritional supplements or diagnostic tests.
Review of Core Balance Diet
The Core Balance Diet will most appeal to women who have tried conventional weight loss methods without achieving success. It’s strength lies in the customized plan that is adapted in accordance with your individual health profile..
Note: Fitho does not endorse this diet.