The Abs Diet was created by David Zinczenko – the editor for fitness magazine “Men’s Health”. A Flat ab diet that requires you to follow six guidelines: Eat six meals a day (three meals and three snacks); make 12 “power foods” the focus of your diet. Smoothies are also highly recommended in this diet. Essential to the diet program is strength and interval training.
The Abs diet contains a 7 day meal plan, made up of 12 ‘power foods’, along with recipes. One meal per week is designated as a ‘cheat’ meal – where you eat anything you want.
12 Power Foods are: A.B.S.D.I.E.T.P.O.W.E.R 12
- Almonds and Other Nuts eaten with skins intact.
- Beans and Other Legumes
- Spinach and Other Green Vegetables
- Dairy: Fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese
- Instant Oatmeal: Unsweetened, unflavored
- Turkey and other lean meats. Lean steak, chicken, fish
- Peanut Butter – All-natural, sugar-free
- Olive Oil
- Whole-Grain Breads and Cereals
- Extra Protein (Whey ) powder
- Raspberries and Other Berries
The more of these foods you eat, the better your body will be able to increase lean muscle mass and avoid storing fat. They have been proven to do one or more of the following:
- Builds muscle
- Helps promote weight loss
- Strengthens bone
- Lowers blood pressure
- Fights cancer
- Improves immune function
- Fights heart disease
This program allows you to nourish your body and mind, wipe out cravings, create and maintain an incredible physique, and have increased energy for life!
Trade Off and Review of the Abs Diet
No diet plan alone can give you a flat ab. It can make you lose weight by increasing the nutrition density of your daily intake. It is an expensive diet as it involves intake of exotic fruits and vegetables under the “power food” section..
Note: Fitho does not endorse this diet.Author Information Hope you enjoyed reading, Abs Diet. Show us your love with 'like', Tweet, or tell us in the comments. Lose up to 4 kg in 4 weeks, with the Fitho weight loss diet.