3 Apples a Day Diet
3 apples a day diet created by Tammi Flynn.The foundation of the 3-Apple-a-Day Plan involves eating an apple before each main meal.
Dieters are advised to consume 4-5 small meals daily, which should be based on healthy foods that are low in fat. The food plan that is very similar to the South Beach Diet with a relatively low intake of carbohydrates and reduction of saturated fats. Each meal or snack should also contain a source of lean protein because this has been shown to reduce appetite and improve weight loss.
The fiber in apples makes you feel full and the sweetness satisfies cravings. There are several reasons given for why eating an apple before every meal works as a weight loss plan:
- The apples act as a fat-loss accelerator.
- The apples are high in fiber and therefore very filling.
- The natural sugar in apples reduces cravings.
Food allowed in 3 Apples a Day Diet
Apples, low fat cottage cheese, low fat yogurt, eggs, chicken breast, turkey, lean beef, salmon, oatmeal, brown rice, broccoli, lettuce.
Drawback of 3 apples a day diet
- Meal plans are not very exciting and dietary boredom may occur.
- Dieters may become tired of eating apples with every meal.
- Eliminates many foods and does not provide any allowances for including favorite foods occasionally.
- May be difficult for vegetarians to follow the recommended meal plan.
Review of 3 apples a day diet
Some dieters may become bored with eating apples three times a day. Additionally the meal plan does not allow for cheats, which may make this plan difficult for some dieters to follow as a lifestyle approach to weight loss. Also, there is no real evidence that the apple itself is anything special..
Note: Fitho does not endorse this diet.3 Apples a Day Diet can be healthy for you and may help you lose weight when included in your diet & exercise plan. To help you lose weight in a healthy balanced way and keep it off, see the Fitho weight loss diet plan, designed by dieticians and experts, now available for Rs 799.