Dieting for Weight Loss?
Dieting for weight loss is a really misunderstood term. Being on a diet doesn’t always mean starving to lose weight. Being a diet is about watching what you eat. Therefore diet is gradually moving from being a bad thing towards a good thing. Its your first step towards getting control of your food habits to be able to manage your weight more effectively.
There are so many diets that are available on the internet that can help you lose weight.But before you decide which diet to use one must ask these two questions.
Is it based on your current lifestyle
What happens ones you get off the diet.
Most people tend to put on more weight after they get off the diet simply because they only saw the short term promise but not the long term goal.A good diet should not let all your hard word go to waste.
Here are some easy tips to help you with dieting for weight loss
- Aim at losing small amount of weight at a time. If you have too high expectations it might discourage you to stay on track and achieve weight loss.
- Choose diets that let you enjoy food that you like. No point in depriving yourself, it just makes weight loss a painful process.
- Read up reviews on different types of diet. This will help you find the one that has actually worked.
- Seasonal fruits & vegetables make a great diet. They are full of flavour, add variety and satisfy you like no amount of processed food.
- Dont’ mistake processed food for health food. Any amount of so called “healthy” processed food will only make you overeat and crave more food.
- Dieting the healthy way can make you a role model for many.
- Add exercise to your dieting, you will see better results.
- Reward yourself at every milestone achieved. This will boost your motivation and help you stay on track
- Remember a healthy diet will nourish your body, improve your overall health. Losing weight as you go along will be the cherry on top!
- Getting enough sleep while you are trying to lose weight is also very important. Try and get atleast 7-8 hours of sleep everyday
Hope these tips help with your efforts towards dieting for weight loss.
— this article is written by a dietitian @ FitHo